FutureCare Homewood is conveniently located just to the south of the beautiful and prestigious Johns Hopkins Homewood campus in Baltimore City, and in close proximity to MedStar Union Memorial Hospital is looking for a COTA to join their team.
The licensed occupational therapy assistant (C.O.T.A.) or (O.T.A.) may practice limited occupational therapy under the clinical supervision of the licensed occupational therapist. This supervision requires, at a minimum, for the licensed occupational therapist to provide initial direction; periodic on-site supervision; and an annual evaluation of performance. Additional supervision is driven by (a) Experience and competence of the occupational therapy assistant; (b) Change in a resident’s medical status; and (c) Complexity of the treatment program.
1. Graduate of an approved Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
2. Current license in the state of Maryland.**
3. Minimum of one (1) year experience in a geriatric or a subacute facility preferred.
4. Certified by the American Occupation Therapy Association.
5. Prefer active membership in the state and national American Occupational Therapy Association.
6. Ability to understand and follow the directions of the Occupational Therapist and the policies and procedures of the facility.