FutureCare Capital Region located in Landover is looking for a full time COTA to join their team
The licensed occupational therapy assistant (C.O.T.A.) or (O.T.A.) may practice limited occupational therapy under the clinical supervision of the licensed occupational therapist. This supervision requires, at a minimum, for the licensed occupational therapist to provide initial direction; periodic on-site supervision; and an annual evaluation of performance. Additional supervision is driven by (a) Experience and competence of the occupational therapy assistant; (b) Change in a resident’s medical status; and (c) Complexity of the treatment program.
1. Graduate of an approved Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
2. Current license in the state of Maryland.**
3. Minimum of one (1) year experience in a geriatric or a subacute facility preferred.
4. Certified by the American Occupation Therapy Association.
5. Prefer active membership in the state and national American Occupational Therapy Association.
6. Ability to understand and follow the directions of the Occupational Therapist and the policies and procedures of the facility.