Position Summary: . Weight monitoring is an important aspect in managing residents overall nutritional and hydration status. The weight coordinator is responsible for obtaining weights as required by facility protocol. The position requires daily communication with the RD/DON and/or Administrator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following tasks and assignments:
- Obtain weekly weights completed by the end of day on Wednesday
-Residents on weekly weights to be determined by RD, NP, MD or nurse
-List of residents will be provided by RD
-Residents may be added to the list as deemed necessary/appropriate
- Obtain weights on all admissions/re-admissions within 3 days of (re) admission to ensure accuracy of admission weight
- Obtain monthly weights
- Log all weights in residents chart after RD checks and reweighs have been verified
- Attend Nutrition committee weekly and participate in discussion
- Notify DON,RD, Administrator of any problems related to scales and weighting residents
- Assist with dining room services M-F, document meal % intakes and communicate to floors.
- To provide consistency, the same equipment is to be used when weighing a resident
- Communicate daily with the RD any weight/nutritional concerns observed
Reweighs will be needed when the following occurs:
- Weekly weight is greater or less than 5# compared with previous weeks weight
- Monthly weight is greater or less than 5# compared with previous weight
- If a Resident is less than 100# and weight is greater or less than 3# from previous weight
- Education: Identifies self-learning needs related to job description. Seeks out appropriate resources to meet learning needs.
- Attends twelve (12) hours per year of Nursing Assistant/Nursing related workshops or seminars including all mandatory educational classes such as Infection Control, Fire and Electrical Safety.
- Communications: Demonstrates positive and effective communication skills.
- Introduces self by name and addresses resident by name.
- Responds to resident’s/families’ requests for services in a courteous manner with no reported variances.
- Communicates accurate information regarding resident condition to assigned nurse in a timely manner appropriate to the
- Handles confidential information with discretion with no documented variances.
- Attends staff meetings at 75% per year.
- Reads all written communication/minutes regarding unit activities.
- Communicates pertinent information and requests through established organizational channels.
- Interacts with others in a considerate, helpful and courteous manner.
- Presents neat appearance in appropriate dress and identification as required by the position.
- Administrative: Sets and implements goals and policies consistent with the philosophy and purpose of the facility.
- Abides by the standards identified in FutureCare’s Statement of Corporate Ethics and the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Other relevant duties as assigned
I have read and understand the functions and requirements of this position. I understand that this is not to be considered as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not limit the assignment of additional duties for this position.