LOCATED IN CLINTON, MARYLAND 20735, MUST WORK WEEKENDS PRN AS NEEDED.
As a member of the Dietary Department, the Dietary Aide is responsible for the proper sanitation, food handling, schedules and policies set by the facility to ensure proper delivery of nutrition services
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following tasks and assignments:
10. Always wear gloves while scrapping trays and carefully checks trays to ensure that flatware or paper does not fall into disposal.
11. Check clean dishes to ensure all particles are removed. Runs dirty dishes through machine again if necessary, reporting any temperature problem.
12. Thoroughly clean all plate warmers, lid and base carts, all other equipment and returns them to their respective station when finished.
13. Never crosses over to the clean side of the dish machine wearing contaminated gloves.
14. Promptly reports to work station at specified starting time.
15. Never delays start up by having incomplete set ups.
16. Consistently utilizes appropriate serving utensils and adheres to portion control guidelines.
17. Properly describes menu items to residents/families & employees if asked.
18. Inform cook supervisor when quantities are low with sufficient lead time to avoid run-outs.
19. Washes hands thoroughly throughout the workday; adheres to personal hygiene requirement and infection control procedures.
20. Consistently demonstrates a willingness to help on work that needs to be done; helps out in other areas when necessary without instructions.
21. Insures the nourishments are accurately assembled and delivered and floor stock supplies adequately maintained.
22. Properly sets up dish machine cleaning if necessary, filling tanks after each meal, checking soap and rinse solution to ensure proper operation.
23. Consistently follows guidelines for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules
24. Consistently washes, rinses and sanitizes pots according to proper procedure.
25. Remove trash according to procedure. Always uses correct elevator and does not overload cart so top stays down, to ensure infection control standard are met.
26. Sweep and mop floors consistently using two (2) bucket method.
27. Demonstrates ability to receive deliveries; can check invoice against goods received and report variances on amount.
28. Demonstrates ability to properly store and rotate all stock.
High School Diploma or GED
Healthcare food service experience preferred
good communication skills
Ability to deal with people in a tactful, diplomatic and respectful manner
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions