FutureCare Chesapeake is located in a serene, woodland setting, in close proximity to Maryland’s capitol city of Annapolis is looking for full time day shift experienced Dialysis RN's to join their team.
The Registered Nurse Chronic is responsible for the delivery of all dialysis related nursing services for the End-State Renal Dialysis (“ESRD”) patient in chronic setting. The position reports to the Dialysis Administrator.
· Supervises and performs direct patient care including but not limited to taking and monitoring vital signs, initiation and termination of dialysis, documentation, physical assessment of patients and patient treatments, taking and transcription of physicians orders, drawing and documentation of ordered laboratory work
· Notes signs of trauma, patients general physical and mental condition , review dialysis orders documents observations in patient medical records
· Analyzed patient assessments, laboratory data and, when concerns are noted, bring issues to the attention of the physicians
· Communicate all emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to superior, Medical Director, Regional Director
· Assess patient and family leaning readiness and provide appropriate information on renal disease, prescribed dialysis treatment, and medical regimen and its impact on the patient status of health and well-being
· Provide dialysis therapy, including but not limited to formulating dialysis plan per physician orders, weight and rate of ultrafiltration, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, disconnecting dialysis according to established procedure, documenting all activity appropriate.
· Instruct patients on per- and post –dialysis care
· Administer patient quality care in considerate, respectful manner
· Participate in the development and implementation of the patient’s short and long term plan of care and monthly progress note
· Other duties as assigned
v Nursing degree from accredited school of nursing required
v New graduate, less than one year after obtaining license
v Less than three months of dialysis experience
v Current RN license in state of participate
v Current CPR license requirement
v Complete training programs approved by the Medical Director and the governing body as required by CMS guidelines prior to operating the water treatment system
v Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook requirement