FutureCare Canton Harbor is situated in the heart of Baltimore’s popular and trendy Canton neighborhood. Offering breathtaking waterfront views from both inside the facility and out, Canton Harbor is located just three minutes from the I-95 corridor, is looking for PRn days Pulmonary Rehab Respiratory Therapist to join their team
Performs pulmonary rehabilitation and respiratory care related procedures and responsibilities in within the scope of the pulmonary rehabilitation/ respiratory policies and procedures, under general supervision and medical direction upon the order of a physician. Accepts and transcribes verbal and telephone orders from physician on respiratory therapy procedures. Recognition of and attention to the psychosocial needs of residents and their families. Utilizes knowledge to insure the care provided meets the unique physical and psychosocial needs are met based on the resident’s age. Scope of practice is adult and geriatric residents
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following tasks and assignments:
1) Conducts orientation of new participants, initial and ongoing respiratory assessment, develops, implement and evaluates the resident’s plan of care.
2) Reviews, screens, identifies and assess residents for program eligibility.
3) Coordinates patient care, team activities and plan of care with other health team members. Implements care in a knowledgeable and skillful manner. Evaluates effectiveness of care provided
4) Identifies initial and ongoing resident/family/significant other’s educational needs in the plan of care
5) Initiates and documents discharge planning
6) Implements, performs and documents all care and components of the pulmonary rehabilitation program.
7) Performs and documents exercise monitoring.
8) Provides educational instruction to residents regarding pulmonary rehabilitation and respiratory related topics and care.
9) Communicates regularly resident’s physicians and Medical Director regarding progress, problems and plan of care. Participates in the weekly pulmonary rehabilitation care plan meeting.
10) Identifies risk factors to resident’s health problems, suggest interventions, educates and supports resident in lifestyle changes to reduce health risks.
11) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, resuscitator bag ventilation and chest compressions
12) Obtain Blood Gas Samples
13) Chest physiotherapy, including therapeutic percussion, vibration and bronchopulmoanry drainage
14) Pulmonary Function Testing
15) Oxygen (Medical gas), Aerosol and Humidification administration
16) Manages artificial airway, tracheostomy care, changes, weaning and suctioning of airway and sputum induction.
17) Aerosolized medication administration, hand held nebulizer and metered dose inhaler
18) Incentive spirometry, breathing and coughing exercises
19) Procurement, handling, storage and dispensing of medical gases
20) Setups and maintains all types of oxygen and respiratory supplies and equipment
21) Checks physicians orders
22) Documents performance of respiratory procedures, response to therapy including heart rate, respiratory rate, breath sounds
23) Performs initial assessments, care plan and assessment of residents respiratory status, resident’s progress, including the recognition and recording of signs and symptoms of respiratory distress and medication effects and side effects or adverse reactions and notifying a physician and resident’s nurse
24) Education and inservice training to residents, families, nursing and other nursing home staff.
25) Reviews data obtained and documented by other respiratory therapists.
26) Discusses abnormal or unusual assessment findings with Supervisor as needed.
27) Documents, according to policy, discharge instructions and/or nursing transfer summary.
28) Checks proper operation of equipment before and during use as well as emergency equipment as assigned and report malfunctioning equipment to the Supervisor and Maintenance.
29) Evaluates and documents according to policy resident responses to implemented respiratory care.
30) Communication/Leadership: Participates as an effective member of the resident care team contributing to the efficient operation of the unit, demonstrating effective interpersonal communication with all personnel, residents and families as part of the facility’s commitment to quality resident care.
31) Professional Development: Seeks opportunities for own growth and expansion of responsibilities to maintain competency and assure the use of up-to-date methods in care giving.
32) Administrative- Sets and implements goals and policies consistent with the philosophy and purpose of the facility.