- On referral, evaluates the impact of available resident information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conducts and documents a thorough assessment of the resident to determine and diagnose communicative deficits and equipment needs.
- Develops and implements an individualized treatment program based on the initial evaluation and containing achievable functional goals.
- Complies with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described in facility policy and procedures.
- Complete appropriate documentation in the resident’s medical record following each treatment session.
- Revises the resident’s treatment program, as needed, based upon resident performance.
- Documents the course of treatment in a clear, concise discharge summary utilizing a prescribed format.
- Orients residents to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Informs residents of any potential risk during any procedure.
- Works with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize resident’s use of functional abilities.
10. Orients residents to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Informs residents of any potential risk during any procedure.
11. Works with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize resident’s use of functional abilities.
12. Instructs residents and family/other caregiver about therapeutic procedures to be continued by the resident following discharge.
13. Assists in the referral process when a resident requires additional services following discharge. Maintains current knowledge of community resources.
- Abides by the standards identified in FutureCare’s Statement of Ethics and the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Attends and participates in rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress, problems or needs.
- Attends and participates in other department/facility meetings, as required.
- Participates in and/or provides in-service education sessions.
- Participates in the quality improvement process by responding appropriately to results of medical record audits, resident satisfaction surveys, safety activities, and regulatory requirements.
- Promotes the programs and services of formal and informal interactions with the community.
- Acts in compliance with facility, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.