As a member of the Clinical Care plan team and the Nutrition Services Department, the Clinical Dietitian will primarily interact with Nursing, other clinical services, and the Management team.Performs and coordinates the overall nutritional aspects of patient care in accordance with Advanced Dialysis Center Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines, OSHA, HCFA, AAMI, federal, state and local regulations.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Performs initial and ongoing nutritional assessment of assigned dialysis patients in the clinic.
- Provides education and resources to the patients and family members to support and maximize the nutritional status of the patient.
- Monitors nutritional parameters and maintains documentation utilizing the RIMS dietary charting module per Advanced Dialysis Center policy, procedures, guidelines, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Participates with other members of the multidisciplinary team in the development of patient care plans and participates in developing goals for patient dietary care management.
- Performs nutrition related QA/CQI and encourages multi-disciplinary approach in the improvement of quality care.
- Develops educational resources for patients as needed and maintains current information on nutritional product lines.
- Participates in appropriate research activities as directed by the physician and approved by Advanced Dialysis Center.
- Promotes a constructive approach to problem solving within the facility and takes an active role in QA/CQI process.
- Coordinates nutritional in-service education for health professionals. May provide in-service education for community organizations if requested with the approval of the Director of Nursing.
- Promotes team concept throughout all clinic activities; assists other staff in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and as allowed by state regulations.
- Will work safely.