To manage all aspects of resident medical records in conformity with legal requirements and licensure standards while contributing to optimum resident care. Works predominately with an adult geriatric population
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following tasks and assignments:
Maintains medical records in accordance with the FutureCare Medical Records Manual which includes:
* Assures maintenance of active and discharge medical records.
* Safeguards medical information against loss, destruction, or un-authorized use.
* Maintains system for retrieval of discharge medical records
* Maintains thinned files in proper order to assure ease in retrieval and integrity of the resident’s medical record.
* Responds to all requests for medical records copies and provide copies in accordance with state and federal laws. Maintain log of requests.
* Obtains necessary information on residents as needed and other requests for residents and/or health care decision makers.
* Monitors the discharged clinical record closed chart process, maintains the Discharge Chart Control Log, and maintains the log of records stored off-site (Medical Records Discharge File Log).
Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree in Health Information Management/Medical records preferred or Equivalent combination in a healthcare field and experience.
Certification by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as a Registered Health Information Administrator (R.H.I.A.) but will consider Registered Health Information Technician (R.H.I.T.) depending on other relevant education and experience.
Experience required related to health information services, with direct experience in a long-term care setting referred.
Clinical reimbursements experience a plus.