- The Director of Activities is responsible for all activity functions in the home.
- Activities are planned to meet their physical, social, psychological, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- The Activities Director is also responsible for the coordinating and recruiting of all volunteers.
- The Activities Director works predominately with an adult geriatric population.
- Bachelor Degree in Activities preferred.
- Certified in the field of Therapeutic Activities or Activities preferred.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Knowledge of special needs and limitations of elderly and disabled.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used to include residents and involve them in activities.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and accreditation standards related to the provision of an Activities program.