It is the responsibility of the Admissions Director in the coverage of facility admissions departments as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Business Development. The Admissions Director will facilitate the admission of clients from the surrounding community, area hospitals, or other health care agencies to the facility. Verify financial assets, insurance coverage, i.e. Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance eligibility. Meet with families to discuss the services provided by the facility and the short and long term health-care needs of the resident. The Admissions Director – Floater may be asked to assist with business development for a facility, or for FutureCare in general.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following tasks and assignments:
- Pre-Admission Procedure: To expedite the referral of clients for admission who require medical and therapeutic services for which we are licensed and certified to provide by the State of Maryland. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with referring physicians, hospitals, agencies, families, interested parties or legal representatives to gather medical, social and financial information pertaining to prospective clients.
- Gathering the inquiry form and coordinating the medical evaluation with the nursing department representative.
- Establishing and verifying payment source of the prospective client and coordinating with the patient account manager.
- Conducting facility tour and completing the admissions process with prospective families/residents, as outlined in Admissions Policies and Procedures.
- Admission Procedure: To admit new residents upon successful completion of pre-admission procedure. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating admission with all parties, i.e. referring agency, family and facility departments to ensure a smooth transition for resident.
- Completing all necessary documents for admission and discuss all issues as outlined in Admission Policies and Procedures.
- General Administrative:
- Abides by the standards identified in FutureCare’s Statement of Corporate Ethics and the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Initiate and coordinate intra-facility room transfers with social services and nursing.
- Prepare daily reports for the facility, and leave a detailed summary for the AD to have upon return to his/her office.
- 4. Business Development:
- Assist with health fairs, conferences, and other events as requested by the DMBD.
- Assist with community based marketing as requested by the DMBD.