Prescribes, delegates, coordinates, provides and implements an established plan of nursing care for a group of residents. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills required to care for the resident population on assigned unit. The Registered Nurse works with a predominately adult geriatric population
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following tasks and assignments:
- Assessment: Assesses resident needs and develops a plan of care.
- Planning: Develops an individual resident problem list and a resident plan of care to assure assessed needs are addressed.
- Implementation: Demonstrates the basic skill and judgment necessary to implement physician’s orders, nursing interventions and procedures as needed for the care of the resident.
- Evaluation: Evaluates resident responses to daily implementation of nursing care in order to reassess needs.
- Communication/Leadership: Participates as an effective member of the resident care team contributing to the efficient operation of the unit, demonstrating effective interpersonal communication with all personnel, residents and families as part of the facility’s commitment to quality resident care.