FutureCare Capital Region in Landover will be opening this spring is looking for full time OT staff to join their team.
The Occupational Therapist evaluates and treats patients in accordance with orders of physician through the use of therapeutic procedures and assistive devices intended to maximize functional potentials in all areas of a patient’s life.
The Occupational Therapist exercises sound judgment and provides adequate care in the performance of duties.
The Occupational Therapist participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the area of Occupational Therapy.
10. Works with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize resident’s use of functional abilities.
11. Establishes and instructs resident and family/other caregiver in exercises and therapeutic procedures to be continued following discharged.
12. Assists in the referral process when a resident requires additional services following discharge. Maintains current knowledge of community resources.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Accesses continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy.
2. Current license/certification in the State of Maryland.**
3. Minimum of one (1) year experience in rehabilitation. Supervision, training and/or experience in a long-term care or sub-acute setting preferred.
4. Certification and demonstrated competency in identified areas of specialization.
5. Demonstrated ability to assess resident needs and develop and implement a comprehensive plan of care. Demonstrated knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.