Assist the Activities Director in the organization, development and implementation of the facility activity program. Is responsibility of the facility Activities Director. To assist the Director in providing entertainment, inter-communication, socialization, exercise, relaxation and opportunities for creative and religious expression. The influence of the Activities Assistant will be facility wide. The Activities Assistant will be directly responsible to the Activities Director.
Performs respiratory care related procedures and responsibilities s in within the scope of the respiratory policies and procedures, under general supervision and medical direction upon the order of a physician. Accepts and transcribes verbal and telephone orders from physician on respiratory therapy procedures. Recognitionof and attention to the psychosocial needs of residents and their families. Utilizes knowledge to insure the care provided meets the unique physical and psychosocial needs are met based on the resident’s age. Scope of practice is adult and geriatric residents
Functions Performed Independently by Nurse Practitioner:
1. Performs comprehensive physical assessment of patients/residents.
2. Establishes medical diagnosis for chronic stable health problems such as Diabetes Mellitus, and Hypertension and common short-term health problems (e.g., urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, etc.,).
3. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic testing including laboratory tests, EKG’s and radiographic studies.
4. Prescribes medications as authorized by the Nurse Practice Act and according to the established protocols. Medications may include the following categories: antihypertensives, antianginals, oral hypoglycemics, analgesics, H2 Antagonists and Proton Pump inhibitors, antinfectives, antivirals, hormones, insulin, Class II-V narcotics, vitamins, wound care products, dermatological preparations and immunizations.
5. Performs case/care management functions and oversees discharge planning whether discharge is out of the facility or to a lesser level of care within the facility.
6. Refers patients/residents to appropriate licensed physicians such as medical/surgical specialists and other health care providers such as rehabilitation therapists, hospice services, home health services, psychotherapists, etc.
7. Seeks consultation with the collaborating physician or other attending physicians as appropriate to ensure sound medical management of the patients/residents.
8. Provides emergency care such as CPR, management of hypoglycermia, or management of minor trauma, such as suturing, splinting or dressings based on the established protocols.
9. Orders transfer to the hospital but inpatient management is the responsibility of the attending physician.
10. Follows FutureCare guidelines for management of specific patient siutations such as review of new admissions, management of patients receiving targeted drugs such as Dilantin and Coumadin and patients with change of condition.
1. Confers with families and other caregivers of residents whose care may be being provided, in part, by the Nurse Practitioner.
2. Documents care provided in the medical records based on national documentation standards that support the quality of services provided and various billing strategies.
3. Participates in the Performance Improvement Committee of the facility
4. Abides by the standards identified in FutureCare’s Statement of Corporate Ethics and the Corporate Compliance Plan.
5. Provides in-services for nursing staff as indicated.
6. Consults with nursing staffs regarding practice skills as indicated.