FutureCare Homewood is conveniently located just to the south of the beautiful and prestigious Johns Hopkins Homewood campus in Baltimore City, and in close proximity to MedStar Union Memorial Hospital is looking for an every other weekend 7pm -7am RN Shift Supervisor to join their team.
Functions Performed Independently by Nurse Practitioner:
1. Performs comprehensive physical assessment of patients/residents.
2. Establishes medical diagnosis for chronic stable health problems such as Diabetes Mellitus, and Hypertension and common short-term health problems (e.g., urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, etc.,).
3. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic testing including laboratory tests, EKG’s and radiographic studies.
4. Prescribes medications as authorized by the Nurse Practice Act and according to the established protocols. Medications may include the following categories: antihypertensives, antianginals, oral hypoglycemics, analgesics, H2 Antagonists and Proton Pump inhibitors, antinfectives, antivirals, hormones, insulin, Class II-V narcotics, vitamins, wound care products, dermatological preparations and immunizations.
5. Performs case/care management functions and oversees discharge planning whether discharge is out of the facility or to a lesser level of care within the facility.
6. Refers patients/residents to appropriate licensed physicians such as medical/surgical specialists and other health care providers such as rehabilitation therapists, hospice services, home health services, psychotherapists, etc.
7. Seeks consultation with the collaborating physician or other attending physicians as appropriate to ensure sound medical management of the patients/residents.
8. Provides emergency care such as CPR, management of hypoglycermia, or management of minor trauma, such as suturing, splinting or dressings based on the established protocols.
9. Orders transfer to the hospital but inpatient management is the responsibility of the attending physician.
10. Follows FutureCare guidelines for management of specific patient siutations such as review of new admissions, management of patients receiving targeted drugs such as Dilantin and Coumadin and patients with change of condition.
1. Confers with families and other caregivers of residents whose care may be being provided, in part, by the Nurse Practitioner.
2. Documents care provided in the medical records based on national documentation standards that support the quality of services provided and various billing strategies.
3. Participates in the Performance Improvement Committee of the facility
4. Abides by the standards identified in FutureCare’s Statement of Corporate Ethics and the Corporate Compliance Plan.
5. Provides in-services for nursing staff as indicated.
6. Consults with nursing staffs regarding practice skills as indicated.